The Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) CALABARZON strongly discourages any illegal activities in Masungi Georeserve, located within the Upper Marikina River Basin Protected Landscape (UMBRPL) in Tanay, Rizal.
In line with these reported illegal activities, the DENR CALABARZON, together with the DENR Office for Special Concern, Environmental Protection and Enforcement Task Force, Rizal Provincial Environment and Natural Resources Office (PENRO), and the Philippine National Police will enforce the following activities:
- Intensified forest protection activities, such as continuous conduct of LAWIN patrolling in the area;
- Enhancement of National Greening Program (NGP) sites with continuous planting of indigenous tree species;
- Graduated NGP sites are also targeted to be converted for rehabilitation into Strict Protection Zone, under the BMB TB-2018-01;
- Establishment of structural combined with soil and water conservation measures;
- Collaborative capacity building activities between the Indigenous People and DENR CALABARZON; and
- Intensified Information, Education, and Communication (IEC) Campaigns against various harmful activities (ie. charcoal making, illegal tree cutting. etc).
The parties involved will closely coordinate with Masungi Foundation regarding any additional protection and conservation initiatives in the area.