DENR CALABARZON Prioritizes Donations to DepEd of Confiscated Forest Products
DENR CALABARZON Regional Executive Director Ipat Luna has announced that confiscated forest products that are currently in the custody of the office, will be disposed by way of donations to public infrastructures. She highlighted the Executive Order No. 23, series of 2011, Section 2.7, states that “the Department of Education shall be given priority in the use of all confiscated logs.”
Meanwhile, under Memorandum Order 284, other institutions may also request for donations, and the prioritization shall be in the following order:
- Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD);
- Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH);
- School Building Programs of Department of Education, Culture and Sports (now DEPED) and Department of National Defense (DND);
- Health Centers, as requested by Department of Health (DOH) and the Local
Government Unit (LGU) concerned;
- Public Markets, as requested by LGU concerned;
- Municipal Buildings, as requested by LGU concerned;
- Police Stations, as requested by Philippine National Police (PNP) and LGU
- AFP camps, as may be requested by the DND;
- National Housing Authority (NHA) for housing programs;
- LGUs with jurisdiction under the forest products were apprehended; and
- Provincial, regional, and national projects.
Forest products, equipment, and conveyance that will not be a disposed through donation will be up for public bidding. Only the DENR Regional Committee on Bids and Awards, headed by the Regional Executive Director, are authorized for the disposition. All proceeds from the sale of these products will revert to the General Fund. (DAO 97-32).
Apprehended forest products including equipment, tools, and conveyances will go under Administrative Confiscation Proceedings (ACP) headed by the respective Community Environmental and Natural Resources Offices. Confiscation is the official act of the DENR declaring that items become property of the Government of the Republic of the Philippines.” (DAO-97-32)
All persons involved in apprehensions will be facing criminal complaints. Transporting any form of forest products, as well as the conveyance and equipment involved, is a violation of Section 77 of PD 705 as amended by RA 7161 (renumbered) and implemented under DAO No. 32, Series of 1997.
The Regional Executive Director Ipat Luna
Barangay Mayapa, Calamba, Laguna
 Refers to timber including lumber, pulpwood, firewood, bark, tree top, resin, gum, wood, oil, honey, beeswax, nipa, rattan, charcoal, or other forest growth, such as but not limited to grass, shrub, flowering plants in forest lands, and others. (DAO 97-32, Sec. 1, e)