Balik Probinsya and the National Greening Program: People need the forestlands, the forestlands need the people.
Laguna Lake Communities Find Hope in DENR’s Bamboo Project
DENR CALABARZON Director Arsenio Tanchuling (2nd from left) and Laguna DENR-PENRO Eleazar Alaira (leftmost) presenting to DENR Undersecretary Demetrio Ignacio, Jr. (rightmost) and DENR Indigenous Peoples (IP) Desk Officer Junie Rodriguez (2nd from right) the bamboo products made by the Ecosystems Research and Development Bureau (ERDB) and Forest Products Research and Development Institute (FPRDI).
Over 300 people from various agencies and sectors gathered for the launching of the bamboo project and Laguna Lake rehabilitation initiative of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) CALABARZON, held April 26, 2017 in Barangay Looc, Calamba City, Laguna.
The event commenced with a ceremonial planting of bamboo planting materials along the shoreline of Laguna Lake, led by DENR Undersecretary for Administration, Finance and Management Demetrio Ignacio, Jr.
“Ang bamboo o kawayan po ay ang pangunahing tanim ng DENR sa ilalim ng National Greening Program. Iyan po ang focus ng DENR in the next six (6) years sa pamumuno ng ating mahal na Kalihim Regina Paz Lopez,” Undersecretary Ignacio informed the audience.
- RD Juan's New Year's Message
- DENR Calabarzon takes another step to go ‘paperless’
- DENR delivers 2nd batch of 205 chairs to the San Juan Senior High School for first day of classes
- DENR-UP to establish mechanized nursery in Los Baños and upgrade forest-research
- DENR donates 500 desks to San Juan, Batangas in time for the school opening